OPEN POSITION: ASSOCIATE DESIGNER
We are currently looking for a dynamic Associate Designer to join our growing team. This entry-level position is immediate and will work with the Product Development Team in the design and production of Bearport’s books across its multiple imprints. Working on Bearport books requires an aptitude for effective design that supports excellent editorial content, as well as proficiency in industry-standard production practices. An Associate Designer’s goal will be to select captivating photographs, create meaningful graphics, and produce clean layouts that support and illuminate the content, in addition to producing a wide variety of production files. Work may include photo research, photo editing, design and layout, implementing corrections in multiple rounds, file preparation for print production, and design and production support for other various editorial and marketing needs.
Remote work is possible for this position. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate possesses:
• A degree in Graphic Design or equivalent work experience
• Experience with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop and familiarity with other applications within the Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in photo research and selection
• Good organization, self-management, and communication skills
• An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly, and be responsible for continued professional growth
• A positive and helpful attitude
• A willingness to work hard and have fun in a small and growing company
• Paid time off and holidays
• Health Insurance
• 401k with company match
• Profit sharing
• Paid maternity leave
• Summer work hours
Since 2005, Bearport Publishing has received numerous awards for its high-quality nonfiction books. Its focus has been narrative nonfiction and unique, high-interest subjects for beginning and struggling readers. Browse our books, read reviews, and get to know us a little better.
Does Bearport sound like the place for you? Tell us why you’d make an outstanding addition to our staff as an Associate Designer. Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio/ samples, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We look forward to hearing from you!